What is the Maths Week Pack?
The Maths Week Pack is a collection of resources for teachers to use in school during Maths Week.
How to Get One
Please download and print any of the activities you would like to use from this web site, using the links at on this page. If you would prefer a paper copy of any of the activities, please contact Val Stoddart at the Western Area Professional Centre on (01243) 753926.
Each Maths Week Pack includes:
- Roamer Activities
- Mathematical activities using Roamer to develop directional vocabulary and estimation skills.
- Download: Word (1,286k) or: PDF (147k)
- Maths Poems
- Lesson plans and poems to link Maths with Literacy for Reception to Year Two.
- Links: Poems
- (Downloadable lesson plans, and more poems, to follow soon...)
- Problem Solving Activities
- Work sheets to develop problem solving and investigational work.
- Expanding Triangles: Word (30k) or: PDF (13k)
- Expanding Squares 1: Word (81k) or: PDF (27k)
- Expanding Squares 2: Word (92k) or: PDF (32k)
- Expanding Squares 3: Word (92k) or: PDF (32k)
- Egg Box Investigation: Word (29k) or: PDF (60k)
- Snail Race: Word (60k) or: PDF (64k)
- Three in a Row: Word (31k) or: PDF (50k)
- Multilink Challenges
- Activities and challenges using Multilink to develop mathematical vocabulary and problem solving.
- Multilink Challenge 1: Word (34k) or: PDF (38k)
- Multilink Challenge 2: Word (37k) or: PDF (47k)
- A selection of dot-to-dot sheets with a difference - solve the mathematical sums to complete the pictures.
- Dot-to-dot 1: GIF (3k) or: BMP (70k)
- Dot-to-dot 2: GIF (4k) or: BMP (127k)
- Dot-to-dot 3: GIF (3k) or: BMP (135k)
Other Downloadable Worksheets and Ideas